Work and Travel USA
Options & Costs
The 12 month Work and Travel USA program provides you with the maximum amount of freedom and flexibility. You are not limited to working in a single job or city, and the job you get doesn't have to be related to your studies. This program truly allows you to experience everything that America has to offer.
- You can work in just about any job available in the US for up to 12 months
- A pre-arranged job is not required
- Choose the departure date that suits you >
2018-19 Program Fees
12 month program
*Includes compulsory 13 months of Comprehensive Medical and Baggage insurance.
- The legal sponsorship necessary to obtain your J-1 visa
- Compulsory Comprehensive Medical and Baggage Insurance
- Assistance with obtaining your visa (you must pay the visa related costs)
- Assistance with obtaining a Social Security Card
- Local support in the US
- GST >
- International and domestic airfares and other transportation (e.g. bus) to the company site
- Daily living expenses including housing, entertainment and meals
- Passport fees
- Visa fees
- SEVIS Fee
- Insurance for trip cancellation or trip interruption >
- Deposit of $250 when submitting application
- Balance of fee is payable on acceptance by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing and will be effective at the date received by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Pty Ltd. Refunds will be made according to the following schedule:
- If your application does not meet our eligibility criteria you will be refunded in full.
- If you withdraw from the program:
- Prior to being issued with your DS2019 form you will be refunded in full less $250.
- After being issued with your DS2019 form you will be refunded in full less $550.
- If you fail to enter the USA by your scheduled departure date there will be no refund.
DS-2019 Re Issue
Applicants are required to enter the US within 10 days of the arrival date listed on their application. If you will be entering more than 10 days after your scheduled arrival date you will have to get your DS-2019 form reprinted with your amended dates so CIEE can update your SEVIS record.
All DS-2019 re issues will incur a $150 administration fee.