Costs & Inclusions
2018-19 Program Fees
Program Length (months)
Internship USA A$
- Program fees are correct for departures up to and including 31st August 2019.
- Your program fee includes a non-refundable portion of $250.
- $500 placement assistance fee will be charged in addition to the above, if applicable.
- A US $300 *site visit fee will be charged in addition to the above, if applicable.
Site visits will be mandatory for any host companies that have not previously hosted with CIEE unless they have either a minimum of 25 full-time employees or generate a minimum of $3 million in annual turnover.
For applications that require a site visit an additional application fee of US $300 will be added to the program fee to cover the site visit by CIEE.
If your host company requires a site visit please allow an additional 4 weeks processing time for your application.
DS-2019 Re Issue
Applicants are required to enter the US within 20 days of the arrival date listed on their application. If you will be entering more than 20 days after your scheduled arrival date you will have to get your DS-2019 form reprinted with your amended dates so CIEE can update your SEVIS record.
All DS-2019 re issues will incur a $150 administration fee.
Calculation of Program Fees
Once you have submitted your application with the $250 deposit, we will invoice you for your program fee, based on the travel dates supplied on your application.
The program fee is calculated on the whole period of stay in the US, (not just the actual training period).You must be covered by insurance for the duration of your time in the US, so the program is invoiced to reflect this, i.e. from the date of your departure to the US, to the date of your return to Australia.
For example, if you depart on March 15th and return on March 14th the following year, you would be charged for 12 months. However, if you depart March 15th and return on March 15th the following year, this would be considered a 13 month program as the last day of the program goes over into the 13th month. Other examples include:
- 2nd Jan - 1st Feb = 1 month
- 2nd Jan - 2nd Feb = 2 months
- 2nd Jan - 1st Mar = 2 months
- 2nd Jan - 2nd Mar = 3 months
- The legal sponsorship necessary to obtain your J-1 visa
- Assistance with obtaining your visa (you must pay the visa related costs)
- Internship USA or Trainee USA Handbook providing tips on working and travelling around the USA
- Advice on jobs, housing and transport
- Comprehensive medical and baggage insurance cover for the duration of your stay
- 24-hour, 7 days a week help line whilst in the USA
- CIEE will organize and offer cultural activities and opportunities for you during your Intern/Trainee program in the U.S. These opportunities include the monthly Culture Guide, local networking events, periodic email newsletters, the Civic Leadership Summit, and additional cultural activities that may be offered to you by your Host Organization, your home-country CIEE representative, and/or the U.S. Department of State during your program. >
What's not included?
- Round trip transportation to the US (we can obtain specially discounted fares from our travel provider, STA Travel, on request)
- Passport fee
- SEVIS Fee (currently US$220)*
- All items of a personal nature including expenses for entertainment, meals, transportation to and from your employment, housing
- Insurance for trip cancellation or trip interruption. >
- $250 non-refundable deposit is required when you submit your application
- We will conduct a preliminary review of your application and invoice you for your program fee and SEVIS fee
- On receipt of full payment your application will be submitted to the USA for review and final approval.
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing and will be effective at the date received by Student Exchange Australia New Zealand Pty Ltd. Refunds will be made according to the following schedule:
- If your application does not meet our eligibility criteria you will be refunded in full.
- If you withdraw from the program:If you withdraw from the program:
- Prior to being issued with your DS2019 form you will be refunded in full less $250.
- After being issued with your DS2019 form you will be refunded in full less $550.
- If you fail to enter the USA by your scheduled departure date there will be no refund.