Options & Costs
Summer Work and Travel USA allows eligible tertiary students to work in the USA during their summer holidays (winter in the US) for a maximum of 3 months. You can also travel up to a maximum of 30 days at the completion of the program.
You can find a job either before your departure or after your arrival in the US.
We give you information on how to write your CV and cover letter and tips on approaching employers on your own. Please note that any job that you find independently will need to be approved by CIEE.
||*Includes up to 4 months of Medical and Baggage Insurance. (There is also an optional comprehensive insurance upgrade for 4 months, for $60, which provides you with up to 1 million dollars in coverage).
- The legal sponsorship necessary to obtain your J-1 visa
- Compulsory Medical and Baggage Insurance - view the policy here.
- Assistance with obtaining your visa (you must pay the visa related costs)
- Assistance with obtaining a Social Security Card
- Work & Travel USA Handbook providing tips on working and travelling around the US
- Local support in the US
- MasterCard multi-currency Cash Passport Card
- Deposit of $250 when submitting application
- Balance of fee is payable on acceptance by Student Placement Australia New Zealand
- If your application does not meet our eligibility criteria you will be refunded in full.
- If you withdraw from the program:
- Prior to being issued with your DS2019 form you will be refunded in full less $A250.
- After being issued with your DS2019 form you will be refunded in full less $A550.
- If you fail to enter the USA by your scheduled departure date there will be no refund.
- International and domestic airfares and other transportation (e.g. bus) to the company site
- Daily living expenses including housing, entertainment and meals
- Passport fees
- Visa fees
- SEVIS Fee
- Insurance for trip cancellation or trip interruption
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing and will be effective at the date received by Student Placement Australia New Zealand Pty Ltd. Refunds will be made according to the following schedule:
DS-2019 Re Issue
Applicants are required to enter the US within 10 days of the arrival date listed on their application. If you will be entering more than 10 days after your scheduled arrival date you will have to get your DS-2019 form reprinted with your amended dates so CIEE can update your SEVIS record.
All DS-2019 re issues will incur a $150 administration fee.